What do you do?
New Media Profit is a mass-market book publishing company. We publish books, podcast, video and music in all genres. We work hard to give our authors the support that they need to produce books that sell and make money.
Do you charge any fees?
We do not charge you publishing fees. We earn a profit when we sell books to readers through our marketing campaigns.
What royalties will I earn?
We pay our authors a percentage of net royalties and of all payments received for subsidiary rights licensing deals.
Do you offer advances?
We don’t offer many authors cash advances on their first book.Some authors can earn advances on subsequent works.
How much will I earn for each book sold?
That depends on many factors. You will earn a percentage of Net Royalties*. That percentage depends on how many books you have published to date. How much info you have on your audience etc.
*Net royalties means the total amount of money we receive from the sale of a book. We do not deduct any expenses from Net royalties unless that expense is agreed upon in advance. The most common expense deduction from a royalty is an agent fee. As an example if we earn royalties from translating your book to a foreign language and have an international agent rep the book for 20%, then we earn $10,000 from the sales of your book in that language then we would deduct the agents fee from our reciept of the money $10,000 royalties earned – $2000 agent fee = $8,000 Net royalty.
What services do you provide?
We are a full-service publishing company dedicated to helping you build your author brand and increase your success.
Here is a small sample of some of the services we provide our authors at no charge:
- Book Launch and Marketing Plan
- Help with book title ideas and selection
- Cover design
- Formatting and publishing for eBooks
- Interior book design and layout for print books
- Audiobook narration, editing, mastering, and publishing
- Marketing campaigns, advice, and guidance
- Tracking sales and royalties
- Foreign language rights sales and marketing
- Website design, hosting, landing page design, and email marketing systems setup
- Digital Media rights sales and marketing. From podcast to video and more.
- PR outreach to journalists and media outlets
- And more!
Does my book have to be professionally edited?
Yes but our editors provide developmental editing, copyediting, line editing, and proofreading services to our authors and we do not charge our authors for that service.
Will my book be available in international markets?
Yes. Your book will be available all over the world. Depending on the book we also may translate the book, ebook, audiobook, podcast and videos or movies into foreign languages.
I previously self-published my book or had a different publisher. Can I switch to New Media Profit?
As long as you still own the rights to your book, yes you can. If you self-published your book, you can definitely switch to us right away. We have had many authors switch from self-publishing to New Media Profit, and we can make the process quick, easy, and painless for you.
If you published your book with another publisher, you’ll need to look at your publishing contract to see if you still own the rights to your work. If you are unsure about your ownership then either contact your attorney or email us a copy of the contract and we can let you know.
How do I submit my manuscript?
You can submit your manuscript for review on our Submissions Page.
We will need your manuscript in a digital format. We prefer Microsoft Word files in .doc or .docx format, but we can accept PDFs, .epub, .mobi, and a variety of different file types.If your manuscript was typed on a typewriter or handwritten, you will need to get it typed into a word document for submission.
How long will it take to publish my book?
We work hard to get your book published as quickly as possible.
The typical publication time is 3-12 months. We work hard to get it published as quickly as possible but building a launch and marketing plan is extremely important for launch sales. Depending on your book we will need 3 months of pre-launch marketing to make a book successful and most take 6-12 months.
Where will my book be carried?
- Amazon,Apple, Kobo, Nook and possibly Google Play.
- Possibly In Libraries
- Some non-fiction books may be licensed and sold in Fortune 500 companies and large organizations through licensing deals
For Print Books
- Possibly bookstores and libraries
- Non-Fiction can be sold in bulk sales direct to Fortune 500 companies and large organizations
- In digital format on Audible, iTunes and Amazon
- In CD format audio books could be placed at CostCo, Sam’s Club and other retailers
What kind of marketing will you do for my book?
We design and build a complete custom marketing plans for each of our authors. While some things remain the same in each book, every book has it’s own target audience. This requires a full marketing plan for the Author that is ongoing for years and for each book
Here are some of the common book marketing services:
Packaging and Branding
- We help you pick a great book title that is both Memorable and Repeatable and represents your Author Brand so that readers can easily remember, recognize, and find your book online.
- Our professional book cover designers will design a cover that allows your book to stand out from the crowd.
- We help you craft a book description for Amazon and other retailers so that potential readers know what your book is about and why they should buy it right now!
- Our professional web designers will design a website for you as the author and for each book.
- We create a huge list of book reviewers who have written reviews for books that are similar to yours. We then reach out to them so that we get legitimate and honest book reviews on Amazon, Goodreads and blogs from book influencers and the top reviewers in your market.
- We help you with thorough market research and competitive analysis for your book and market.
- We submit your book to major book promotion sites, including BookBub and GoodReads, as well as many other book promotion sites.
- Our Social Media Marketing Experts put together a plan to promote your book on the effective social media channels for your book title.
- We promote your book to key influencers in your market, including professional and amateur book reviewers, bloggers, podcasters, social media influencers, business people, politicians and more.
- We create, pay for, and optimize ongoing PPC (Pay-Per-Click) ad campaigns with Amazon Marketing Service ads and BookBub ads targeting your ideal readers and customers.
- Because we are a traditional book publishing company, we can also submit your book to industry trade reviers like Publisher’s Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, City Book Review, Midwest Book Reviews, Library Journal, Booklist, and more.
- We design and implement email promotions to promote your book to your avatars.
- Our SEO experts do detailed keyword research and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to help your book stand out in search results on Amazon, Google, and other search engines and shopping platforms.
Author Marketing Services and Training
- We design, build, manage and host your author website. This includes your Author Blog, salendar of speaking events, and the sales page for your personal brand.
- We design, build, manage and host your email marketing system. This will allow you to stay in touch with and capture more Raving Fans of your work.
- We will help you with marketing but if you have an added budget for advertising we will consult with you and help you develop the correct plan for that money. Many authors want to increase advertising their publisher does to help build their brand faster. We work with you to make sure you do not waste that money.
- We send you contact info of journalists looking to write or publish stories about or related to your areas of expertise.
- We provide personalized coaching to help you with every part of your career from writing to marketing and beyond.
- We can provide accountability coaching, followup, and support if you’re looking for a little extra help staying on track with your career goals.
Will you do all the marketing for my book?
No publisher can do all the marketing for an author. You have to learn to connect with fans and influencers directly, because it is yourfans who will buy your books, tell their friends, and help you pay your bills.
Fans don’t care who your publisher is. They want to connect with you…the author. That’s why we invest so much time, energy and money to help you build your author brand. We focus on all the busy marketing and publishing work so you can focus on what matters most: writing great books and connecting with your audience.
Do you accept agented submissions?
Yes, we accept submissions from literary agents and agented authors. Use this form to submit your book for review.
Do I have to have a big following, fan base, or author platform to get a publishing deal?
No. Having that is helpful but not necessary. It helps if you have some of that but we invest in training and coaching authors like you to help you build your platform. Remember, every great author once started with zero followers and zero fans.
We also invest heavily in marketing and promotion so we can help build your fan base from the ground up.
If you have a large following of fans already, that’s great! However, it’s not necessary to get a publishing deal. We consider the quality of your writing and message to be far more important than how many people happen to follow you on Facebook or Twitter.
How do I submit my manuscript for publishing consideration?
Authors, you can submit your manuscript directly via our submission page.
How long do I have to wait to hear back from an editor after I submit my manuscript for review?
The industry average response time for submissions is somewhere between 90 days and whenever.
Our average time to respond to a submission is currently 14 – 21 days.